Talent development is a term we hear with increasing frequency. Many wonder how it relates to the training and development profession.
To quote Tony Bingham, President and CEO of ATD, we are seeing proof in many places that the term talent development has come to encompass the breadth and depth of the profession we serve and includes all of the Areas of Expertise that are reflected in our Competency Model including performance improvement–and more.
In this event, local enterpreneur, James Benham will discuss how the field is evolving.
This event links to the Talent Development Competency which seeks to build an organization’s culture, capability, capacity, and engagement through people development strategies.
- Align talent management to organizational objectives.
- Use talent management systems.
- Equip managers to develop their people.
- Organize delivery of developmental resources.
- Promote high-performance workplaces.
- Coordinate workforce and succession planning.
- Facilitate the career development planning process.
- Facilitate career transitions.
- Support engagement and retention efforts.
- Implement individual and organizational assessments.
- Use talent management analytics to show results and impact.
Speaker's bio: Demonstrating great talent early on, James Benham began writing code at the age of 11 and by 14 had developed his first application. James is a former member of the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M University where he graduated with a Master’s degree. James founded JBKnowledge, Inc. in 2001 and serves on A&M faculty as a Lecturer in the Department of Construction Science. In 2012, James was elected to City Council Place 6 of the City of College Station, Texas, where he currently serves as Chairman of the Research Valley Technology Council and is on the board of the Brazos Valley Wide Area Communications System. As CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc. James led his company to become a premier provider of technology solutions with clients across North America, the Caribbean and the Middle East. JBKnowledge, Inc.’s work with Augmented Reality may—one day—be used to improve training content and user experience that cannot be achieved in the classroom alone or with screen based distance training programs. James’ dynamic speaking style allows him to share his knowledge in a down-to-earth, engaging manner